Terms & Conditions
- In these terms and conditions, references to “we”, “us” or “our” mean GDPR in Schools Ltd (“GDPRiS”) (further details of GDPRiS are provided below). References to “you” or “your” mean the person accessing and using the “Website” (as defined below).
- References to “the Website” mean www.gdpr.school (including any relevant sub-domains unless these terms and conditions are expressly excluded from their own terms and conditions).
- These terms and conditions apply between you and GDPRiS, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they will affect your legal rights. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website.
- If you do continue to browse and use this Website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use (as amended from time to time), which together with our Privacy Statement govern your use of this Website.
- GDPR in Schools Ltd is a limited company incorporated in England and Wales under company registration number 10699302, whose registered office address is 11 Kingsley Lodge 13 New Cavendish Street, London, United Kingdom, W1G 9UG. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions please contact us.
- The Website is for your general information and use only.
- Your use of any information or materials on this Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information made available through this Website meet your specific requirements.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Whilst GDPRiS uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and you take responsibility for your own security, your personal details and your computer.
- Except for death or personal injury caused by our negligent acts or omissions, or fraudulent misrepresentation, we shall only be liable for loss or damage which is a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a breach of these terms and conditions.
- You shall be responsible for any losses, expenses or other costs incurred by GDPRiS which are caused by your deliberate breach of these terms and conditions.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All “Content” (as defined below) included on the Website is the property of GDPRiS, our affiliates or other relevant third parties.
- References to “Content” mean any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information that appears on or forms part of this Website.
- By continuing to use this Website you acknowledge that the Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
- Nothing on this Website shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without GDPRiS’ prior written consent.
- You must not reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written consent of GDPRiS.
- All trademarks reproduced in this Website, which are not the property of, or licensed to GDPRiS, are acknowledged on the Website.
The resources (free or otherwise) and all other documentation on our website (www.gdpr.school) are protected by UK and International copyright laws, as well as copyright infringement detection software. In the event of any unauthorised copying or distribution of our website content or documentation, we will enforce our legal rights and prosecute any infringement to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The resources are protected by UK and International copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of these resources without written permission of the owner is strictly prohibited.
- You must not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of the Content protected by copyright without the consent of GDPRiS.
- You may download, print and copy extracts from the Website for your reasonable personal use only. Any such extracts must acknowledge us (GDPR in Schools Ltd) as the source.
- Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Third party websites
- From time to time, this Website may also include links to third parties’ websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse these websites.
- When you click through to these websites you leave the Website which is controlled by us. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
Availability of the Website
- GDPRiS accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- GDPRiS reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available.
- These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe that your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the current version.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part of that provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
LAST REVIEWED 18 NOVEMBER 2019